Undoubtedly, Microsoft Outlook enjoys the status of the most commonly used Email clients for professional as well as individual purposes. So it is possible that its users might have lots of unexpected issues owing to its excessive usage, mechanical failure, technical glitches, and functional ignorance. So issues of start-up, freezing, poor response, data corrupt, and PST or Profile or Add-in are expected to plague the performance of the email program. These are technical issues that can be accurately solved with a Microsoft Outlook Technical Support. Below given are 3 methods that can be used in order to troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook Add-in corrupt problems on Windows computer.
Outlook add-in corrupt
Poorly written add-ins becomes a headache with Outlook sometimes as they are installed with software. So, the very first thing you need to do is to disable the add-ins and check see if resolves the issue. In this situation, Add-ins doesn’t allow users open Outlook. Moreover, it can even freeze or cause ‘not-responding’ issues! Checkout a few methods that can help you instantly disable the add-in’s without dialing a Microsoft Outlook Helpline Number.
First method: If your Outlook is opened, then you can disable it from there.
· Outlook 2003: Go to Tools > Options > Advance > Add-in Manager
· Outlook 2007: Tools > Trust center > Add-ins
· Outlook 2010: File > Options > Add-ins. With this version, you will be able to find COM Add-ins. Just select that option and uncheck all add-ins that are not related to Microsoft. You also need to select the Exchange add-ins and disable the same. Finally, close Outlook. At times, Outlook fails to close and runs in Task Manager automatically. So, reopen the Task Manager by going to Process tab. Then, you need to look for Outlook.exe and kill the service. After this, you can re-open Outlook and check if the issue is solved. http://technical-support-phone-number.com
Second method: You can download OfficeIns (a small utility to exhibit the details of all installed Microsoft Office add-ins on your computer) from Nirsoft. Now, close Outlook and find if it is running in the Task Manager. Then, open OfficeIns and choose the Add-in. When you Right Click on it, you find “Change Start Mode”. Then, select Disabled and the Select “Change Connect Mode” and select No. Again check relation of all add-ins with Microsoft. Disable all the add-ins and the open Outlook and test it again. Certified Microsoft Office 2007 Customer Support Phone Number
Third method: It is related to disabling all the add-ins from Registry
· Go to Start and type in Regedit and take a backup of the Registry.
· Click “Computer” then Go to File > Export > type the File name as Registry back and click on Save.
· Then, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins (32- Bit System) and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins (64-Bit System)
Finally, you will find add-ins under Addins key. Just delete with a right click on it.