Printing is one of the fundamental parts in computing particularly at the time of work. While using the printer if you are not able to print your important document at the time of desperate need on your Windows 8 PC, then it needs a quick fix. Below are some useful tips to troubleshoot the printing issues on Windows 8. There is a list of all possible ways which help you in solving printer issues on your Windows 8 PC.
If you have a printer with good hardware condition, stable connectivity and correct up-to-date printer driver on your computer, you will not confront much of printing issues. Having the basic knowledge can identify and fix the printer related issues on Windows 8 OS.
Troubleshooting Tips for Printer Issues on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Check the Printer’s power
Make certain that your printer is powered on and no warning lights are blinking on/off which ensure that there are no hardware issues in your device.
Check for physical printer issues
Some of the frequent hardware issues are related to cartridge jam, paper jam, or improper fix of cartridges. For fixing these issues, you can take reliable help from Microsoft tech support phone number for windows and fix printer hardware issues on your Windows 8 computer effortlessly.
Check the connectivity
In case your printer is connected via USB or LPT cable with your Windows 8 PC, then check for connections at both ends, i.e., computer and printer. You can also unplug both ends and re-connect them back properly again, try to connect same USB port on Windows 8 computer as you have connected in the printer.
See also Fix Windows 8.1 Black Screen Issue
Steps to install a local printer
· Simply click on the Start button, and then, Click on devices and printers.
· Click Add a printer.
· In the Add Printer wizard, Click on add a local printer.
· On the Choose a printer port page, make certain that the Use an existing port button and the recommended printer port are chosen, and then click next.
· On the Install the printer driver page, choose the printer manufacturer and model and then Click on next.
· In case your printer isn't listed in the list, click on Windows Update, and then wait while Windows checks for additional driver updates.
· If none of the drivers are available, then install the drivers with the help of an installation CD, Click on Disk, and then browse to the folder where the printer driver is located, and then click Finish.
For additional help, you can consult the Windows 8 online support to fix the printer issues on your device.
You can also print a test page to ensure that the printer is working correctly. If you've installed the printer but it doesn't work, check the manufacturer's website for troubleshooting information or driver updates. Read more at http://www.apsense.com/article/steps-for-setting-network-printer-online-on-windows.html